Clopotiva ZERO runs according to FAI regulations secified in documents
Section 7 Common ,
Section 7 Guidelines and
Section 7C Accuracy.
The Clopotiva ZERO 2019 event runs according to the General Section 7 and Section 7C of the FAI Sporting Code.These additions superseede section 7C, are in place to promote pilot safety and improve the sporting nature of the events. Safe flying: all pilots fly under their own responsibility. It is each pilot's responsibility to take all necessary actions to maintain their own safety during the competition and to ensure that they do not act in any way that might endanger any other pilots during the competition. It is a condition of entry to the Clopotiva ZERO 2019 for all pilots to accept without restriction to hold the Organizers blameless and waive all claims to compensation.
Rounds will be held in area of Clopotiva village located at the base of Tarcu Mountains in the near vecinity of Retezat National Park.
- Paragliding popularization and development in this flying zone
- Rating of the best pilots in competition
- Rating for Romanian Cup/League for Paragliding Accuracy Landing discipline
- Friendship and co-operation between Romanian and other countries pilot
- Behavior Competitors not behaving in a fair, safe, proper, friendly and sporting manner will be penalized and may be disqualified.
- Abuse Any Verbal or Physical abuse of any of the competition officials will be dealt with according to the FAI Sporting Code.
Lead organizer is Club Sportiv SkyTribe Timisoara http://skytribe.ro/contact and their members.
Event runs under auspice of Aeronautic Federation of Romania (FAR) and the Federation Aéronautique Internationale (FAI).
The main organizers of the event is SkyTribe Paragliding Club Timisoara (http://skytribe.ro/contact)
- Meet Director: Mihai Petrascu
- Safety Comittee: 4 members (MD+ 3 pilots)
- Event Judges: Butyka Zsolt (chief Judge), Gergely Brigitta, Szocs Joszef, Budusan Valentin Dorel, Constantinescu Nicoleta Gabriela
- General Organisation : Skytribe Paragliding Club
- Competition Doctor: SALVAMONT Rescue Team
Place of event and schedule
- In 2019 there will be 2 editions, 2 distinct competitions
- Clopotiva ZERO 2019 allows maximum 150 participants.
- Place of event: Clopotiva, Romania
- Timeframe for 1'st Edition: June 15 – June 16 2019 . Reserve dates: 29 - 30 June 2019
- Timeframe for 2'nd Edition: August 31 – September 1 2019 . Reserve dates: 21 - 22 September 2019
Official Registration and Training Day
- 10:00-17:00 Training rounds
- 18:00-21:00 Pilots registration and welcome desk on landing place
Competition day I :
- 07:00 -7:30 Mandatory Safety Briefing
- 07:30 - 08:00 Leaving from Landing place to Take off
- 9:00-18:00 Competition rounds
- 19:00 - Provisional results display and social event offered by organizer
- 07:00 – 07:30 Mandatory Safety Briefing
- 07:30 - 08:00 Leaving from Landing place to Take off
- 09:00-16:00 Competition rounds
- 17:30- Prize giving ceremony
The schedule is up to Meet Director changes.
Prizes and titles
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Overall in the competition
1st – 500 €, 2nd – 300 €, 3rd – 100 €
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked female Overall in the competition
1st – 300 € , 2nd – 200 €, 3rd – 100 € (if there are more than 5 participants in this category )
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked team in the competition
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked in Open Category
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked female in Open Category
- 1st,2nd and 3rd ranked Tandem crew in Tandem Category
Medical Cover and 3rd Party Liability cover are required for this competition. All participants must have a valid medical health care insurance (covering all hospital expenses, rescue and repatriation) as well as third party liability insurance with an insured limit of at least EUR 150 000 (or foreign currency equivalent). It is pilots responsibility to have a valid insurance.
Registration fee is to be paid at HQ.
- 40 € if online registration form is done before Saturday , 8th June 2019
- 50 € if online registration form is done after Saturday , 8th June 2019
- 40 € if online registration form is done before Saturday , 24th August 2019
- 50 € if online registration form is done after Saturday , 24th August 2019
- All registrations are made online. The page for registration is http://clopotivazero.ro
- Please select the edition you would like to participate at online registration
- 150 is the maximum number of participants accepted in this competition
- Pilot documentation required for physical registration at HQ
- ID (Identity card, passport)
- Valid online Registration Form (http://skytribe.ro/clopotiva-zero)
- Satisfactory evidence of glider airworthiness. Signed Certified glider statement form
- Proof of valid insurance
- Signed Release of Liability Document
- Evidence of pilot qualification (NAC License or IPPI Stage 4 card)
- Entry form
- The Registration fee includes:
- Transport to the take-off for all the registered pilots during all competition rounds
- Competition scoring
- Drinking water
- Competition T shirt
- Free entry to social event organized Saturday evening
For Romanian pilots FAI license can be acquired at HQ during registration at the price of 160 RON.
Take off and landing areas
GPS Coordinates: N 45°28’19.36 E 22°48’36.12 “ Altitude: 1178 meters take-off is possible with wind directions from NE, N, NW. The terrain is a grassy slope with a small inclination
Google Maps Link for Take Off
GPS Coordinates: N 45°29’19.12″ E 22°49’52.15″ Altitude: 500 meters The generous landing field is in the flat area of the meadow and is located very close to Râul Mare Valley , which influences the local circulation of the adiabatic / catabatic flows
Google Maps Link for landing
Straight distance between takeoff and landing: 2500meters. Altitude difference: 700 meters.
The organzier may/will impose specific flying pattern to be followed by competititor due to safety reasons.
GPS Coordinates: N 45°29'37.65" E 22°49'41.79" Altitude: 500 meters
Located about 500 meters NW from official landing.
Google Maps Link
Transport to takeoff
- Transport to takeoff will be done by car/minivan/minibus.
- Average travel time: 45 minutes
Rounds and Scoring
- 2 cm Automatic Measuring Device will be used for scoring
- 5 possible rounds in 2 competition days. Up to 3 rounds will be attempted on Saturday. Up to Meet Director changes.
All pilots must fly with a harness and back protector combination in the configuration that has been tested to LTF09.
All pilots must wear a helmet, certified to either EN966 (HPG), EN1077-A and –B (Snow Sports), ASTM 2040 (Snow Sports) or Snell RS-98, at all times while flying.
- Reserve Parachute
Pilots must carry a serviceable reserve (emergency or rescue) parachute. Pilots shall make sure that they are within the maximum certified weight of the reserve parachute.
Footwear must be suitable for a safe landing in all valid wind conditions.Heel and tip of competitors’ footwear must not be modified such that it can damage the automatic measuring device. Any footwear addition must be made from soft rubber.
Round results will be displayed at HQ and competition webpage.